The must-have newsletter about Hungary

Related Articles

SOCIALISTS, PÁRBESZÉD TO FIELD JOINT CANDIDATES IN PRE-ELECTIONS FOR 2022 GENERAL ELECTION

 

The Socialists and Párbeszéd will field joint candidates for the pre-elections, the selection of opposition candidates for next spring’s general election, the co-leaders of the two opposition parties said in a video message posted on Facebook.
Bertalan Tóth, the Socialists’ co-leader, noted that the two parties had initiated and supported the idea of a six-party opposition for the 2022 parliamentary election early on.
“We are proud of the alliance’s joint programme and the decision that we would nominate a joint prime minister candidate, enter a joint party list and field joint candidates in individual constituencies for next year’s ballot,” he said.
Gergely Karácsony, co-leader of Párbeszéd, said that “while the government is representing only 1% of [Hungarian] society, we are working for the remaining 99% who were humiliated and robbed in the past years”. He called for a social and green turnaround.