The must-have newsletter about Hungary

Related Articles

HUNGARY READY TO JOIN COMMISSION'S ‘RESCEU’ SCHEME

 

Hungary is prepared to join the European Commission’s RescEU programme, an element of the Union Civil Protection Mechanism which shores up emergency response capabilities, the Catastrophe Protection Directorate of the Interior Ministry has said. In an effort to support the fight against novel coronavirus, the EC has decided to establish a strategic stockpile of medical equipment. Member states that choose to store the RescEU stockpile may ask for support from the EC, which covers the cost of 90% while member states pay the remaining 10%. Hungary’s government has weighed the matter in recent days and decided to actively participate in the RescEU programme, setting up a storage facility and stockpiling medical equipment, the directorate said. The government declared its intent to participate to the European Union on March 29, it added.