The must-have newsletter about Hungary

Related Articles

RUSSIAN MUSICIAN DIES IN SUSPECTED BUDAPEST RENTAL FLAT GAS LEAK

 

A young Russian pianist was found dead in the bathroom of a Budapest vacation rental flat following a suspected gas leak, public news channel M1 reported. Authorities suspect Elina Valiyeva, 27, died due to gas poisoning from a faulty gas heater. The owner of the 13th district flat declined to comment to M1 on the incident. A spokesman for the National Ambulance Service said paramedics had fought hard to save Valiyeva but were unsuccessful. Meanwhile, a man had to be hospitalised with not life-threatening gas poisoning, Pál Győrfi said. The Budapest Police Headquarters has ruled out the possibility of foul play, M1 said.